Andersons Fund Supporting Organization of the Toledo Community Foundation Awards Grants
Seven Nonprofit Organizations Share $103,777 in Grants
TOLEDO, OHIO, July 26, 2011 – The Andersons Fund Supporting Organization of Toledo Community Foundation recently awarded grants totaling $103,777 to seven area nonprofit organizations.
Grants from the Andersons Fund Supporting Organization are considered once a year, and are awarded only to nonprofit, charitable organizations. Grants support organizations with programs in the areas of education, social services, physical and mental health, neighborhood and urban affairs, natural resources, and the arts. Priority consideration is given to requests related to capital projects. The deadline for receipt of proposals in the Foundation office is April 15th.
Grants were recently awarded to the following organizations:
• Bittersweet, Inc. – a $10,000 grant was awarded to renovate the Main House.
• Farm Labor Research Project dba Campaign for Migrant Worker Justice – a $6,881 grant was awarded to repair and replace the roof of the Worker’s Center.
• FOCUS – a $20,000 grant was supplied to replace the roof of the administration building.
• Goodwill Industries of Northwest Ohio, Inc. – a $20,000 grant was awarded to purchase equipment for the Eco Cleaning Steamer program.
• Lott Industries, Inc. – a $25,000 grant was awarded to purchase a plastic granulator machine for use in the organization’s recycling program.
• Sunshine Foundation, Inc. – a $10,845 grant was supplied to support the Sunshine Children’s Home bathroom renovation project.
• Toledo Seagate Food Bank – an $11,051 grant was awarded to cover the costs associated with repairing and refurbishing a walk-in refrigeration unit.
Contact: Joanne Olnhausen, Communications and Scholarship Officer