TOLEDO, OHIO, March 19, 2020 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently approved grants totaling $13,000 from the Bill Rowles Youth Foundation Fund to support programs in northwest Ohio that enhance the lives of young people under the age of 21. Grants were awarded to five area nonprofit organizations.
• Beach House, Inc. dba Leading Families Home –a $2,500 grant was awarded to defray the cost of summer league registration and equipment for homeless children.
• Bittersweet Farms –a $2,500 grant to support a transitional program in Pemberville that improves academic, social and vocational skills of eight individuals between the ages of 12-21.
• Friends of Lucas County Children Services –a $3,000 grant was awarded to defray the cost to upgrade a playground and install an all-inclusive, accessible playground for families of Children Services from Lucas and Wood Counties.
• GreaterGenerations – a $2,000 grant was awarded to support a workforce development program for young men with a criminal record.
• Northwest State Community College Foundation –a $3,000 grant was awarded to defray the cost of registration for student career exploration summer camp for youth referred by Job & Family Services.
Mr. Rowles created a Field of Interest Fund at Greater Toledo Community Foundation to support youth programs, youth groups, youth serving organizations and other activities in northwest Ohio which enhance the lives of young people, aged 21 years and younger. According to his wishes, funding priority is given to programs, groups, organizations and activities in the Wood County, OH area.
About Greater Toledo Community Foundation
Greater Toledo Community Foundation is a public charitable organization created by citizens of our community to enrich the quality of life for individuals and families in our area. In existence since 1973, the Foundation has more than 900 funds with assets of approximately $304 million. The Foundation provides philanthropic services for individuals, families, businesses and corporations to meet their charitable giving needs. For more information about Greater Toledo Community Foundation, visit www.toledocf.org or follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.