TOLEDO, OHIO, June 3, 2020 –The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently awarded grants totaling $189,823 from its Community Funds to six area nonprofit organizations.
Grants from the Foundation’s unrestricted funds (aka Community Funds) are considered two times annually, and are awarded only to nonprofit, charitable organizations. The next deadline for receipt of proposals is August 15, 2020. Greater Toledo Community Foundation is the largest philanthropic organization in northwest Ohio, committed to building healthy communities and promoting the responsible stewardship of resources.
Grants were recently awarded to the following organizations:
• Agility Angels – $8,000 was awarded through the Accelerator opportunity to support a dog-assisted therapy program for participants with autism spectrum disorder.
• Autism Model School – $3,150 was awarded to launch a new alumni support program.
• Habitat for Humanity of Wood County – $12,000 was awarded to support the organizations volunteer services activities.
• JumpStart, Inc. – $50,000 was awarded to support business technical assistance services and network-building for fledgling entrepreneurs and small business owners.
• Unruly Arts – $60,000 was awarded to expand arts programming for school age youth with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorder or a mental health diagnoses.
• YMCA of Greater Toledo – $56,673 was awarded to expand the Safe Routes to School program to Washington Local Schools.
Greater Toledo Community Foundation is a public charitable organization created by citizens of our community to enrich the quality of life for individuals and families in our area. In existence since 1973, the Foundation has more than 900 funds with assets of approximately $304 million. The Foundation provides philanthropic services for individuals, families, businesses and corporations to meet their charitable giving needs. For more information about Greater Toledo Community Foundation, visit www.toledocf.org or follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.