Awards Ceremony Information – No RSVP Required
Plan to join us via Facebook Live for this free virtual celebration of the 10th Anniversary Northwest Ohio Nonprofit Innovation & Excellence Awards. We will broadcast live at 8 a.m. on Thursday, October 22, 2020. Three winning organizations will be announced from a pool of 25 applicants. Check back for details.
Local nonprofit organizations nominated themselves for these awards, and winners were chosen by a committee comprised of sponsor representatives and a past recipient of the awards. Winners receive a one-of-a-kind glass award, $5,000 in unrestricted grant money from Greater Toledo Community Foundation and $1,000 in unrestricted grant money from The Andersons, plus a half-page ad in The Blade.
In addition to 2020 Award Recipients, there will be a special drawing to celebrate our 10th Anniversary for two additional grants – one in the amount of $10,000 and one in the amount of $5,000 – from among all of the past recipients (2011-2020) of the Northwest Ohio Nonprofit Innovation & Excellence Awards.
This event has gone virtual for 2020. Grab your favorite morning beverage and join us for this exciting event! Awards will be announced via Facebook Live on Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 8:00 a.m.
Past Recipients Showcase
As part of our celebration for the 10th Anniversary of the Nonprofit Innovation & Excellence Awards, we asked each past winner “How has this award impacted your organization?”. Here is what past recipients from 2011 had to share. Check back each week to hear what past recipients had to say.
To see all past recipients, click here.
About the Awards
The Northwest Ohio Nonprofit Innovation & Excellence Awards were designed to honor and recognize outstanding nonprofit organizations and their achievements in our community.
Awards are given to three nonprofit organizations, one in each of the following categories:
- Nonprofit Innovation Award
- Nonprofit Excellence Award – Small Organization (Budget less than $500,000)
- Nonprofit Excellence Award – Large Organization (Budget more than $500,000)
All Award Recipients will receive:
- The honor and distinction of being recognized as a leader among northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan’s nonprofits;
- A one-of-a-kind glass art award engraved with the organization’s name;
- An unrestricted grant from Greater Toledo Community Foundation in the amount of $5,000;
- An unrestricted grant in the amount of $1,000 from The Andersons;
- A half-page ad in The Blade; and
- A feature article highlighting the winning organizations in Greater Toledo Community Foundation’s newsletter, and sharing of award winners via The Center for Nonprofit Resources’ e-newsletter and website.