Introduction to 2020 Program
#GivingTuesday™ is a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, December 1, 2020, charities, families, businesses, community centers and students around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give. Greater Toledo Community Foundation encourages northwest Ohio nonprofit organizations to participate in this global day of giving by offering eligibility to receive one of two $5,000 grant awards to charities that register and participate in the local campaign, #GivingTuesdayNWO.
Organizations that register for the grant program prior to GivingTuesday, participate in the day of giving by collecting contributions via online donation, cash, check or from a Donor Advised Fund at Greater Toledo Community Foundation, and complete a results survey are eligible to be selected for one of two grant awards issued. A random selection process will be utilized to identify organizations from the following categories:
- Large Organization Category – for organizations with an annual operating budget more than $500,000
- Small Organization Category – for organizations with an annual operating budget less than $500,000
Please review all of the information below to ensure your nonprofit follows all the steps to qualify for this award.
#GivingTuesdayNWO for Nonprofits
Greater Toledo Community Foundation is requesting your participation in this local day of giving. Organizations that register with the Foundation, participate in the day of giving, and complete a results survey following GivingTuesday will be eligible for one of two $5,000 awards drawn randomly from the pool of all participants.
1. Between October 30 and November 30 at noon, local nonprofits were asked to register their intent to participate in #GivingTuesdayNWO. This step is a pre-requisite to qualify for consideration of a $5,000 award.
Use this logo to identify the program on your webpage:
2. If you are interested in being considered for one of two $5,000 awards for participating in #GivingTuesdayNWO, click here to view the grant guidelines.
3. The Results Survey will be open from noon on December 8, 2020 through 11:59 pm on January 8, 2021. Check back on December 8 and we’ll have a live link to the survey here.
4. Do you have additional questions? Click here for our Nonprofit FAQ.
#GivingTuesdayNWO for Donors
On December 1, 2020, we are asking donors to consider making a gift to their favorite local charities. When you do, charities that are registered with us will have a chance to receive a $5,000 unrestricted grant.
1. Here, you can view the final list of eligible northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan nonprofits who notified us of their participation in GivingTuesdayNWO.
2. Do you have questions about #GivingTuesdayNWO from the donor’s perspective? Click here for our Donor FAQ.
3. If you use social media, please consider sharing information about your donation via Facebook or Twitter and use #GivingTuesdayNWO.