TOLEDO, OHIO, April 7, 2021 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently approved grants totaling $19,999.25 from the Bill Rowles Youth Foundation Fund to support programs in northwest Ohio that enhance the lives of young people under the age of 21. Grants were awarded to seven area nonprofit organizations.
• Adopt America Network -a $3,000 grant was awarded to provide hygiene kits for youth emancipated from Lucas County Children Services.
• After-School All-Stars Ohio -a $3,000 grant was awarded to cover transportation and supplies for the summer day camp program.
• Believe Center -a $3,000 grant was awarded to defray the cost of the summer league registration fees and equipment.
• Bittersweet Farms -a $3,000 grant was awarded to support community engagement and social activities for youth with autism spectrum disorder.
• Family and Child Abuse Prevention Center -a $2,992 grant was awarded to support the “Stewards of Children” training program to 11 Wood County youth-serving organizations.
• Mountain Mentors -a $2,849.25 grant was awarded to support a mentoring program for at-risk teens.
• Serenity Farm Equestrian Center -a $2,158 grant was awarded to support the equestrian youth riding program.
Mr. Rowles created a Field of Interest Fund at Greater Toledo Community Foundation to support youth programs, youth groups, youth serving organizations and other activities in northwest Ohio which enhance the lives of young people, aged 21 years and younger. According to his wishes, funding priority is given to programs, groups, organizations and activities in the Wood County, OH area.
About Greater Toledo Community Foundation
Greater Toledo Community Foundation is a public charitable organization created by citizens of our community to enrich the quality of life for individuals and families in our area. In existence since 1973, the Foundation has more than 900 funds with assets of approximately $377 million. The Foundation provides philanthropic services for individuals, families, businesses and corporations to meet their charitable giving needs. For more information about Greater Toledo Community Foundation, visit www.toledocf.org or follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.