TOLEDO, OH, June 1, 2022 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation (GTCF) recently approved $53,150 in grants from the Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club’s Helping Hens Fund to ten area nonprofit organizations.
Grants from the Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club’s Helping Hens Fund are made to nonprofit organizations providing sports and recreation services to youth enrolled in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Grants were made to:
- American Heart Association, Toledo Chapter – a $2,000 grant was awarded to support CPR and First Aid training for adult volunteers of youth athletics.
- Autism Model School – a $3,000 grant was awarded to purchase new adaptive bikes and safety equipment for younger students and support on-going maintenance of current equipment.
- Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation – a $5,000 grant was awarded to support the installation of a shade structure at Eli Joyce Field.
- Courageous Community Services – a $10,000 grant was awarded to support pool maintenance and repairs.
- Children’s Theatre Workshop of Toledo – a $2,000 grant was awarded to support scholarship stipends and program supplies for Summer Theatre Camp.
- Historic South Initiative – a $9,000 grant was awarded to support the installation of playground equipment at Queen of Apostles School.
- Little Blessings Veteran and Community Center – a $7,000 grant was awarded to support an equine riding program for children of deployed military families and veterans.
- Sylvania Water Polo – a $2,000 grant was awarded to support water polo equipment replacement and maintenance.
- Toledo-Lucas County Police Athletic League (PAL) – a $5,650 grant was awarded to support the youth summer baseball league.
- Toledo School for the Arts – a $7,500 grant was awarded to support the construction of a barrier-free dance studio.