TOLEDO, OH, May 25, 2023 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently approved $51,021 in grants from the Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club’s Helping Hens Fund to 11 area nonprofit organizations.
Grants from the Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club’s Helping Hens Fund are made to nonprofit organizations to promote overall fitness and wellness of children during warm weather months. Grants were made to:
- Autism Model School - $5,000 to install a Sky Run Zip Track to increase wellness and recreational opportunities for students with autism.
- Bittersweet Farms - $7,500 to reconstruct an outdoor basketball court to benefit youth with autism.
- East Toledo Family Center - $5,000 to support youth sports clinic programming.
- Girls on the Run of Southeastern Michigan - $3,000 to support a running and self-esteem program for girls attending Michener Elementary and Prairie Elementary in Adrian, Michigan.
- GreaterGenerations - $5,000 to support youth workforce development for high-risk youth.
- Imagine For Youth Foundation - $2,500 to support a youth summer camp that promotes sports, self-esteem and academics.
- Monroe Street Neighborhood Center - $3,000 to support the 2023 Freedom School, a summer reading and enrichment program that incorporates a multi-cultural curriculum for youth ages five through 14.
- Mountain Mentors - $2,500 to support a mentoring program for at-risk teens that culminates with a week-long backpacking trip in New Hampshire.
- Toledo Football Academy - $10,000 to defray the installation costs of a Soccer Mini-Pitch System at Schneider Park.
- Toledo Lucas County Police Athletic League - $2,850 to support youth sports camps.
- YMCA and JCC of Greater Toledo - $4,671 to cover the cost of labor and materials to repair an indoor climbing wall at the Francis Family YMCA.