TOLEDO, OHIO, July 27, 2023 – The Board of Trustees of The Andersons Fund Supporting Organization of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently awarded grants totaling $213,000 to 13 area nonprofit organizations.
Grants from The Andersons Fund Supporting Organization are considered once a year, and are awarded only to nonprofit, charitable organizations. Grants support organizations with programs in the areas of education, social services, physical and mental health, neighborhood and urban affairs, natural resources, and the arts. Priority consideration is given to requests related to capital projects. The annual deadline for receipt of proposals is April 15th.
The following grants were awarded:
- American Red Cross of Western Lake Erie – $5,000 to purchase a new van for the blood services program.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Toledo – $20,000 to upgrade the security system and renovate the entryway of the Homer Hanham Club.
- Catholic Charities – $15,000 to renovate the La Posada Family Shelter bathrooms.
- Courageous Community Services – $9,000 to install accessible walkways and a patio area around the camp fire pit.
- Cherry Street Mission Ministries – $25,000 to replace the windows at the Life Revitalization Center.
- Lott Industries – $25,000 to replace two roof top HVAC units.
- Mom’s House – $25,000 to support the Laurie's Place capital campaign.
- Open Door Ministry – $15,000 to replace the HVAC unit in Building One.
- Ottawa County Family Advocacy Center, Inc. – $10,000 to repair the ceiling and upgrade lighting of the “big meeting room.”
- St. Martin de Porres – $20,000 to install a key card entry security system in the Community Center buildings.
- Sunshine Foundation, Inc. – $9,000 to renovate the Vanderbilt community home.
- The Victory Center – $25,000 to replace the roof.
- Toledo Alliance for the Performing Arts – TAPA – $10,000 to refurbish a used grand piano and purchase three dollies.