Greater Toledo Community Foundation is seeking a Director of Marketing & Communications who is primarily responsible for overseeing and implementing the activities that accomplish the public outreach, marketing and positioning goals of Greater Toledo Community Foundation. This is a full-time position + excellent benefits. To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Please include Marketing Director in the subject line. This position will remain open until filled.
JOB TITLE: Director, Marketing & Communications
SUPERVISOR: EVP of Operations and Special Projects
Greater Toledo Community Foundation is a community asset. The Foundation is a collection of funds established by donors interested in philanthropy and supporting the greater Toledo area. Currently, the assets of the Foundation are approximately $400 million, made up of more than 1,000 funds. The Foundation is the largest grantmaker in the Toledo area, granting $20 million a year.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of Marketing & Communications is responsible for overseeing and implementing the activities that accomplish the public outreach, marketing and positioning goals of Greater Toledo Community Foundation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and evaluate an annual marketing and communications plan that includes social media, print and digital content, and email marketing.
- Responsible for the achievement of the goals and objectives of the Marketing & Communications Plan. Ensure that evaluation systems are in place related to these goals and objectives and report progress to the EVP.
- Supervision of the Marketing Associate, including but not limited to the administration of social media and website maintenance.
- Production of the Foundation's external communications and internal publications, electronic communications, media relations, advertising and community relations.
- Works with each department to coordinate internal communications and implement external communications to ensure a consistent voice in all distributed materials.
- Works with freelance writer and graphic designer to compose, edit and produce the Foundation newsletter.
- Produces Foundation annual report.
- Coordinates and produces other Foundation publications such as marketing collateral, donor/advisor informations, donor news sheets, etc.
- Manages the Foundation's website.
- Oversees the Foundation's visual identity/graphic standards.
- Maintains Foundation photo files and historical files.
- Administers and contributes to the preparation of the budget for Marketing and Communications.
- Produces news releases for and pitches story ideas to media. Follows up with reporters, and works with the President to coordinate media inquiries.
- Maintains media contact list and news coverage documentation. Evaluates and reports on media coverage. Distributes published materials.
- Seeks opportunities to promote the Foundation through public affairs shows and editorials.
- Works with grantees to seek opportunities to coordinate appropriate recognition of Foundation grants. Develops stories and articles on donors and grantees.
- Coordinates news conferences.
- Manages the Foundation's online and social media presence.
- Coordinates the use of online technology to publish, converse and share content through a variety of mixed media, including social networking sites (Facebook, Instagram LinkedIn), blogs and microblogs (X, formerly known as Twitter) and video sites (YouTube).
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Seeks opportunities and promotes speaking engagements for the Foundation President.
- Works with Foundation staff to coordinate special events such as the Foundation donor receptions, fundholder education sessions, etc.
- Works as key member of the Foundation staff to assist others toward common goals.
- Works cooperatively with other staff to assist as needed with his or her responsibilities and to ensure a smooth and timely flow of support services with the Foundation.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Significant experience and a successful track record of managing the brand, media and communications for a Foundation, large nonprofit organization or public agency
Successful experience in Foundation programs and nonprofit management with a broad knowledge of nonprofit organizations.
Excellent writing and editing skills and experience in writing in a variety of styles and/or a variety of audiences.
Experience in making group presentations and committee management. Demonstrated experience in staffing and taking minutes at meetings.
- Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills, including the ability and willingness to work and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds, including grantees, donors and other constituents, and ability to work closely with other colleagues as a Foundation team.
- Basic understanding of accounting, financial statements and budgeting practices.
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills, with the experience of managing multiple projects at a time.
- Experience overseeing the design and production of online and print collateral and publications.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office required – experience with graphic editing software preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing successful social marketing strategies.
- Ability to organize own work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to think and act independently and with good judgement.
- Detail oriented, accurate, efficient and well-organized.
- Ability to understand and support interrelated roles of other staff and willingness to accept work supervision.
- Understanding of and commitment to the Foundation's goals and mission.
While this is mainly an office position, the ability to lift small boxes (letter stock, postcard stock, booklets) is required occasionally.
There will be some travel involved to meet with donors and grantees who may be potential subjects for Foundation publications.