TOLEDO, OHIO, July 6, 2022 – The Board of Trustees of The Andersons Fund Supporting Organization of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently awarded grants totaling $231,284 to 12 area nonprofit organizations.
Grants from The Andersons Fund Supporting Organization are considered once a year, and are awarded only to nonprofit, charitable organizations. Grants support organizations with programs in the areas of education, social services, physical and mental health, neighborhood and urban affairs, natural resources, and the arts. Priority consideration is given to requests related to capital projects. The annual deadline for receipt of proposals is April 15th.
The following grants were awarded:
- Boy Scouts of America, Erie Shores Council – $25,000 to construct the Handicraft and Leadership Center at the Pioneer Scout Reservation.
- Children’s Resource Center – $10,000 to install commercial grade lockable storage units.
- Compassion Health Toledo – $25,000 to renovate the former Mott Library into a new health clinic.
- Girl Scouts of Western Ohio – $20,000 to construct a weather station at Camp Libbey.
- Hospice of Northwest Ohio – $7,510 to replace the plate warmer at the Perrysburg Center.
- MemoryLane Care Services – $15,000 to repair and expand the patio.
- Mobile Meals of Toledo – $25,000 to purchase and install a walk-in freezer.
- Nature’s Nursery – $10,000 to construct wildlife rehabilitation enclosures and classroom spaces.
- So All May Eat dba SAME Café – $30,000 to purchase kitchen equipment for a new pay-it-forward café.
- The Ability Center of Greater Toledo – $20,324 to purchase a HubScrub cleaning and infection control machine for the medical equipment loan program.
- The Sight Center of Northwest Ohio – $33,416 to repair the parking lot, walkways, rainwater drainage system and retention pond.
- Toledo Cultural Arts Center at the Valentine Theatre – $10,034 to install automatic door openers for two restrooms.