TOLEDO, OHIO, October 13, 2023 - The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently awarded grants totaling $266,649 from the Community Funds Impact and Builder Grants programs to six organizations. The Community Funds Impact and Builder Grants programs provide seed money for new, innovative programming that addresses unmet community needs. The next deadline for proposals is January 15, 2024. For more details on upcoming grant deadlines, click here.
- aMAYSing Kids – $15,000 was awarded to support the aMAYSing Kids summer camp program.
- Baby University – $25,000 was awarded to support an independent evaluation of Baby University programming.
- Foundation Center of the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo – $70,000 was awarded to support a collaborative hunger reduction program that is a partnership between the Islamic Food Bank and Lucas Metropolitan Housing.
- Girl Scouts of Western Ohio – $60,000 was awarded to support the Girls Scouts for Every Girl project.
- Lourdes University – $35,000 was awarded to support the Like Me program that is designed to encourage minority students to enter the education field.
- University of Toledo Foundation – $61,649 was awarded to support the Math Corps program.