The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently awarded grants totaling $443,696 from the Community Funds Impact and Builder Grants programs to nine organizations.
- Maumee Valley Habitat for Humanity – $85,833 was awarded to support a new neighborhood-oriented strategy to address housing needs that features deeper collaborations with grassroots organizations.
- Monarch Grief Center – $15,000 was awarded to support specialized grief counseling services for those experiencing early life spousal loss, LGBTQ+ partner loss, sibling or child death or loss due to addiction or other circumstances.
- Partners for Clean Streams – $45,761 was awarded to support the Community Water Action in Toledo project, a multi-agency collaboration that engages residents to collect information and monitor water quality in the Lake Erie basin.
- The Cocoon – $52,102 was awarded to expand court-based domestic violence advocacy services in Wood County.
- The Fair Housing Center – $50,000 was awarded to support the Housing Conditions and Reinvestment program, which provides legal advice and representation to Toledo-area tenants living in unsafe or unhealthy homes.
- The Program, Inc. – $25,000 was awarded to support the Family Enrichment program.
- Toledo Design Collective – $25,000 was awarded to support the Vacant Lot Reclamation project.
- Toledo School for the Arts – $120,000 was awarded to support the Community Portal program designed to engage the public in arts-related projects.
- Toledo Tomorrow – $25,000 was awarded to expand the college access program.
About Greater Toledo Community Foundation
Greater Toledo Community Foundation is a public charitable organization created by citizens of our community to enrich the quality of life for individuals and families in our area. In existence since 1973, the Foundation has more than 970 funds with assets of approximately $382 million. The Foundation provides philanthropic services for individuals, families, businesses and corporations to meet their charitable giving needs. For more information about Greater Toledo Community Foundation, visit www.toledocf.org or follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.