TOLEDO, OH, September 15, 2020 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently approved $19,625 in grants from the Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club’s Helping Hens Fund to six area nonprofit organizations.
Grants from the Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club’s Helping Hens Fund are made to nonprofit organizations providing sports and recreation services to youth enrolled in kindergarten through twelfth grade. Grants were made to:
• Autism Model School –a $3,000 grant was awarded to support a baseball-themed and fitness based program.
• Children’s Theatre Workshop –a $2,500 grant was awarded to support children’s virtual theatrical experiences.
• Girl Scouts of Western Ohio –a $3,500 grant was awarded to support virtual and in-person camping experiences at Camp Libbey for low-income girls.
• Lutheran Social Services – a $4,000 grant was awarded to support the Step It Up Challenge nutrition and physical fitness program.
• Serenity Farm Equestrian Center –a $2,500 grant was awarded to support the therapeutic riding program.
• Padua Center –a $4,125 grant was awarded to purchase new playground equipment.