TOLEDO, OHIO, Thursday, November 29, 2022 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently approved $34,909 in grants from the Toledo Walleye Hockey Club’s Wishing Well Fund to nine area nonprofit organizations.
Grants from the Toledo Walleye Hockey Club’s Wishing Well Fund of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation are made to nonprofit organizations providing programming that promotes overall fitness and wellness of children during cold weather months.
Grants were made to:
- After-School All-Stars Ohio was awarded $5,715 to support a street hockey camp program.
- Believe Center, Inc. was awarded $5,800 to support the youth basketball league.
- BG Blueliners, Inc. was awarded $1,652 to purchase hockey gloves for youth players.
- Diabetes Youth Services was awarded $905 to support a field trip to a Findlay ice skating rink for children with Type 1 Diabetes and their families.
- International Boxing Club was awarded $4,500 to support an inner-city youth boxing program.
- Lake Local Schools was awarded $5,000 to support youth volleyball and basketball programs.
- New Leaf Group, Inc. was awarded $6,500 to support a youth mentoring and physical fitness program.
- Nuestra Gente Community Projects, Inc. was awarded $2,650 to support an indoor afterschool soccer program for bilingual children.
- Mosaic Ministries of South Toledo was awarded $2,187 to support an outdoor reading program at Marshall Elementary School.