TOLEDO, OHIO, Wednesday, November 10, 2021 –The Stranahan Supporting Organization of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently awarded grants totaling $402,913 to 12 organizations and initiatives:
Grants were made to:
- Baby University – $35,000 was awarded for parenting workshops and home visitation services.
- Black Swamp Conservancy – $32,160 was awarded to support Land Management services.
- Food for Thought Toledo, Inc. – $6,400 was awarded to purchase fresh produce for its mobile food pantry.
- Franciscan Shelters dba Bethany House – $41,422 was awarded to support transitional shelter services for victims of domestic violence.
- Friends of Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge – $48,100 was awarded to construct accessible trails at the Fox Unit area of the refuge.
- Hope Toledo – $50,000 was awarded to support the Pre-K Initiative.
- Ohio Guidestone – $20,714 was awarded to support the expansion of the expressive arts program.
- The Fair Housing Center – $11,727 was awarded to support the Landlord-Tenant Mediation outreach project.
- Tutor Smart – $52,000 was awarded to support tutoring services.
- University of Toledo Foundation – The Ryan White Program – $30,000 was awarded to support basic needs assistance for patients with HIV.
- Unruly Arts – $45,390 was awarded to support the Digital Arts Program.
- YMCA and JCC of Greater Toledo – $30,000 was awarded to support programming at the Wayman Palmer YMCA.