TOLEDO, OHIO, December 14, 2020 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently approved grants totaling $477,906 from The Sisters of St. Francis (Sylvania) Foundation Donor Advised Fund. Grants were awarded to 14 area nonprofit organizations.
Advocates for Basic Legal Equality, Inc. – $50,000 was awarded to support the Immigration Advocacy Project.
Advocating Opportunity – $49,697 was awarded to support legal and social advocacy services for victims of human trafficking.
Arts Commission of Greater Toledo, Inc. – $35,209 was awarded to support the Arts and Community Conversations project.
• Habitat for Humanity - Maumee Valley – $25,000 was awarded to support the home repair program.
• Habitat for Humanity of Lenawee County – $5,000 was awarded to support the home repair loan program.
• Heartbeat of Toledo – $40,000 was awarded to support the Your First Look program.
• Inclusive for Women, Inc dba Women of Toledo – $16,750 was awarded to support the Responsive Advocacy Initiatives project.
• La Conexion – $28,000 was awarded to support the Immigrant Rights project.
• The Ability Center of Greater Toledo – $40,000 was awarded to support the Social Justice Now Initiative.
• The Cocoon – $16,500 was awarded to support services for survivors of sex trafficking.
• The Mareda Center, Inc. – $41,750 was awarded to support the Equity in Education Project.
• US Together, Inc. – $50,000 was awarded to support mental health services for refugees.
• Water for Ishmael – $30,000 was awarded to support the American School for Women program.
• Zepf Center – $50,000 was awarded to support the Safety Net Emergency Shelter programming for youth-at risk of human trafficking exploitation.
About Greater Toledo Community Foundation
Greater Toledo Community Foundation is a public charitable organization created by citizens of our community to enrich the quality of life for individuals and families in our area. In existence since 1973, the Foundation has more than 900 funds with assets of approximately $330 million. The Foundation provides philanthropic services for individuals, families, businesses and corporations to meet their charitable giving needs. For more information about Greater Toledo Community Foundation, visit www.toledocf.org or follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.