TOLEDO, OHIO, October 10, 2023 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently approved $54,499 in grants from the Toledo Walleye Hockey Club’s Wishing Well Fund to 16 area nonprofit organizations.
Grants from the Toledo Walleye Hockey Club’s Wishing Well Fund of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation are made to nonprofit organizations providing programming that promotes overall fitness and wellness of children during cold weather months.
Grants were made to:
- Adaptive Sports Program of Ohio - $7,500 was awarded to promote an active lifestyle for youth with physical disabilities.
- Ballet Theatre of Toledo, Inc. - $3,224 was awarded to purchase a portable non-slip dance floor to support a youth outreach program.
- Believe Center, Inc. - $5,000 was awarded to support the winter youth basketball and boxing program.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Toledo - $2,000 was awarded to purchase obstacle course materials
- Children’s Resource Center - $4,475 was awarded to support the Day Treatment youth program.
- Families for Fitness - $3,000 was awarded to purchase supplies and equipment for a fitness club for youth at Martin Luther King Academy for Boys.
- Glass City Broomball - $3,000 was awarded to purchase supplies for a female broomball league.
- Great Lakes Collaborative for Autism dba Avenues for Autism - $2,000 was awarded to support organized sessions for youth with autism.
- GreaterGenerations - $5,000 was awarded to support the program supplies, transportation and equipment for an economic development and workforce development youth program.
- New Leaf Group, Inc. - $2,000 was awarded to support sports equipment for a youth program that incorporates dance, basketball and focus on mental health.
- Nuestra Gente Community Program, Inc. - $2,000 was awarded to support an indoor soccer youth program.
- Project Noelle - $2,000 was awarded to support sports equipment for a program for youth who have lost a parent to opioid addiction.
- St. Matthew Lutheran Church and School - $3,300 was awarded to support a nutrition and cooking class for teens.
- The Leipsic Community Center - $3,000 was awarded to support a youth soccer skills camp.
- Toledo Day Nursery - $3,000 was awarded to purchase equipment and supplies to upgrade the existing playground.
- Toledo Lucas County Police Athletic League - $4,000 was awarded to support an indoor youth basketball program.