TOLEDO, OHIO, October 10, 2023 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation (GTCF) recently approved $85,000 in grants from the Equity & Access Initiative Fund to five area nonprofit organizations.
Grants from the Equity & Access Initiative Fund are made to nonprofit organizations that are proactively removing barriers that impact marginalized communities through one of the focus areas: Nonprofit Capacity, Economic Development, Employment or Advocacy.
- Families for Fitness -$15,000 to support capacity building tools and professional development training.
- Ivy Entrepreneur Institute, Inc. -$15,000 to support personalized coaching and networking opportunities for local minority start-up business owners and entrepreneurs.
- Maumee Bay Club -$20,000 to support a collaborative specialized organizational-level professional development training in a cohort format.
- Reinvest Toledo -$15,000 to support the education and recruitment of residents from low voter turnout zip codes to increase voter turnout.
- The Program, Inc. -$20,000 to provide professional soft skill training and job readiness in collaboration with industry professionals.
For more information about the Equity & Access Initiative Fund of Greater Toledo Community Foundation, click here.