TOLEDO, OHIO, March 30, 2022 – The Board of Trustees of Greater Toledo Community Foundation recently approved grants totaling $164,630 from the Equity & Access Initiative Fund to proactively address concerns raised by communities that are disproportionately impacted by inequity and lack of access in the Greater Toledo area.
Grants were awarded to nine area nonprofit organizations.
- Believe Center was awarded a $15,000 grant to train and employ minority umpires and coaches to support youth sports.
- Equality Toledo was awarded a $15,000 grant to support and expand resources of the Rainbow Education program that addresses implicit bias towards the LGBTQIA+ community.
- GreaterGenerations was awarded a $30,000 grant to increase access to youth-focused work opportunities in collaboration with CityPark League Resource Group.
- Inclusive for Women, Inc. dba Women of Toledo was awarded a $15,000 grant to support networking gaps for local women-owned businesses.
- La Conexion was awarded a $15,000 grant to support individualized financial and board development capacity strengthening.
- Midstory was awarded a $14,300 grant to highlight visual storytelling of how local Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders address discrimination.
- St. Martin De Porres Parish was awarded a $40,000 grant to launch a resident-driven leadership training program and a job readiness program for the Englewood neighborhood in collaboration with Community RE Investment Coalition Englewood SW and Robinson Community Hub.
- Wilbur A. Williams Community Life and Technology Center was awarded a $5,330 grant to support a series of board development trainings.
- YWCA of Northwest Ohio was awarded a $15,000 grant to increase access to implicit bias and racism training for the local community.
For more information about the Equity & Access Initiative Fund of Greater Toledo Community Foundation, click here.
A third round of funding from the Equity & Access Initiative Fund of the Greater Toledo Community Foundation is upcoming. This grant opportunity will open for application on May 2, and close on July 2, 2022. View our grant page here.