#GivingTuesday™ is a global day dedicated to giving back. On Tuesday, November 28, 2023, charities, families, businesses and individuals around the world will come together for one common purpose: to celebrate generosity and to give. Greater Toledo Community Foundation encourages northwest Ohio nonprofit organizations to participate in this global day of giving.
Greater Toledo Community Foundation is encouraging your participation in this local day of giving.
1. Between October 10 and November 1, local nonprofits were asked to register their intent to participate in #GivingTuesdayNWO. By registering, your organization will be listed on GTCF’s website, www.toledocf.org, and promoted to our donors and fundholders as qualifying nonprofits to support on GivingTuesday – November 28, 2023.
2. Please Note – NEW IN 2023: In celebration of Greater Toledo Community Foundation’s 50th Anniversary, in 2023, registering your organization’s Intent to Participate in #GivingTuesdayNWO will also qualify you for further promotion during our December anniversary celebration event – The Giving Tree project. Organizations registered for #GivingTuesdayNWO will also be promoted on our 50th Anniversary microsite, encouraging Toledo area residents to support our local nonprofits during the holiday season. This promotion will run November 16 through December 31, 2023.
Use this logo to identify the program on your webpage:
3. A Results Survey for #GivingTuesdayNWO will open November 29th and remain open through 11:59 pm on December 13, 2023. It is imperative that all nonprofit organizations participating in #GivingTuesdayNWO complete the survey to provide us a general idea of how northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan did with their fundraising for this day. Access to the survey will be available here on and after November 29, 2023.
4. Do you have additional questions? Click here for our Nonprofit FAQ.
On November 28, 2023, we are asking donors to consider making a gift to their favorite local charities.
1. Starting October 10, you can view a list of eligible northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan nonprofits who notified us of their intent to participate in #GivingTuesdayNWO here. The list will be updated on October 24 and November 1; a final list of eligible nonprofits will be published no later than November 1 at 4 pm.
2. Do you have questions about #GivingTuesdayNWO from the donor’s perspective? Click here for our Donor FAQ.
3. If you use social media, please consider sharing information about your donation via Facebook and use #GivingTuesdayNWO.